Sam Smith, 2006 – Those wishing to test the extent of the immigrant problem might want to conduct this quick test:
1. Has a Mexican ever fired or laid you off?
2. Has the plant you worked for until it was sent overseas been bought by Mexicans or is it still owned by the same people you used to work for?
3. Has a Mexican ever cut your pension or health benefits? Outsourced your job to India?
4. How much does Latin America contribute to global warming and its results – such as bigger hurricanes and more tornadoes – compared with the United States?
5. Are Mexicans responsible for NSA’s spying you?
6. Do you think Mexicans or the pharmaceutical corporations are more responsible for high drug costs?
7. How much of the corruption in Washington has been instigated by the Mexicans?
8. Did the Mexicans’ make us invade Iraq?
9. Are the Mexicans responsible for George Bush being so dumb?
Chances are most your answers will be in the negative which is a clue to stop spending so much time worrying about immigration and turn your attention to something else.