Here are some clues for spotting a conservative. Remember, not all conservatives talk and look like George Bush or Bill O’Reilly. Some conservatives even like to use the word change without telling you what it means. This handy guide may help you discover whether you accidentally voted for one recently.
– Supports Af-Pak war
– Supports leaving a large colonial military force in and around Iraq.
– Spends more money helping big banks than helping people threatened with foreclosures.
– Spends more money bailing out big auto manufacturers than bailing out small business.
– Supports unconstitutional wiretapping by agencies like the NSA
– Supports the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act.
– Supports the futile, expensive and deadly war on drugs.
– Supports withholding funds from cities that refuse to privatize some of their public schools.
– Supports preventive detention.
– Supports computerized strip searches of air passengers.
– Wants to overturn long-standing law that stops police from initiating questions unless a defendant’s lawyer is present.
– Favors continuation of secret searches of library and bookstore data files
– Supports giving cabinet level powers to numerous ‘czars’ in an end run around the constitution.
– Opposes prosecuting George Bush and members of his administration for war and other crimes.